When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction score of the year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
what Market do you need to hit for people to pay 8.000 to 10.000 for this Bike?

All these words. But..... What market do you hit for SOMEONE to Pay 8,000 to 10,000 for THIS BIKE? WHERE. 98% of America does not have this money to pay for a Bicycle. Especially this year.

Since the crash of 2008, world record prices have been paid for classic and antique vehicles across the board.
Bicycles, Motorcycles, and Automobiles.
If it's top teir, and in good condition, it will sell. guaranteed! For how much depends on which heavy hitters are in the market on any given day. Go back and look at the auction records, and you will see a $24,000.000 Ferrari, a $500.000 Cyclone motorcycle, and a $16,000 Schwinn Autocycle.
All top shelf stuff, for sure, but so is this bike.

what Market do you need to hit for people to pay 8.000 to 10.000 for this Bike?

All these words. But..... What market do you hit for SOMEONE to Pay 8,000 to 10,000 for THIS BIKE? WHERE. 98% of America does not have this money to pay for a Bicycle. Especially this year.

It's a lazer beam focus market...bike collectors. Bring it to the right people and it sells for huge bucks. The South Dakota auction wasn't the right market, but that is ideally where you would find them. The bike would easily go for the big green at the Copake bicycle auction.

Yes

Since the crash of 2008, world record prices have been paid for classic and antique vehicles across the board.
Bicycles, Motorcycles, and Automobiles.
If it's top teir, and in good condition, it will sell. guaranteed! For how much depends on which heavy hitters are in the market on any given day. Go back and look at the auction records, and you will see a $24,000.000 Ferrari, a $500.000 Cyclone motorcycle, and a $16,000 Schwinn Autocycle.
All top shelf stuff, for sure, but so is this bike.

I agree 100%

That is an amazing find... Wow.. I wouldn't touch anything on it!... Leave that dent and just clean her up a bit.. I second not ridding on that saddle..... Experience with vintage old seat death Whist ridding

This bike has been unsold several times @$3500,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mead-Ranger...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Is the bike in this thread really $4,500 better? Yeah its got pogo seat and the speedo but $4500 is a lot of coin.

I like Joe & have bought items from him with no problems. However another CABE member had a serious problem with a bike bought from him. Add to that his descriptions are a little "gruff" and I think scare people away. His bike to me is nowhere near as nice as this one plus the Pogo saddle & speedo are $2500 worth of items. Knowing they are original on this bike & this bike appears to be unmolested as it hasn't gone through a series of collector upgrades, yes I think it's worth the extra coin but that's just my opinion.

I hope this doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, I certainly mean no offense... At all.

It's crazy when both the seller and buyer are unaware of the value. He probably scored the bike for the value of the pogo seat alone. Kudos!
Granted it was sold in an auction setting, but there wasn't a high reserve. We all wish we were there that day.

I hope this doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, I certainly mean no offense... At all.

It's crazy when both the seller and buyer are unaware of the value. He probably scored the bike for the value of the pogo seat alone. Kudos!
Granted it was sold in an auction setting, but there wasn't a high reserve. We all wish we were there that day.

But how high would you have gone? I would have dropped out @ $3500 knowing that I couldn't afford to keep it and I was going to have to try to sell it as soon as I could.

Back