When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction score of the year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Totally-Enjoyed Reading This Entire Thread .. Again ......

Bumpin' it back into the sunlight ........

............... patric

=====================
=====================

Well, since somebody else has bumped it back up, here's a before and after. The after is from the annual fall ride in Minneapolis, September 2014.

IMG_2319.JPG
Ranger and Trophy.jpg

And most importantly, how does it ride? Do you like it? I had a huge score earlier in the year with a motorbike and used the that bike to get cash for my property tax bill and 2 more bikes I like riding more. Have you considered trading out for cash and something you like more? It worked great for me anyways. Cheers!

And most importantly, how does it ride? Do you like it? I had a huge score earlier in the year with a motorbike and used the that bike to get cash for my property tax bill and 2 more bikes I like riding more. Have you considered trading out for cash and something you like more? It worked great for me anyways. Cheers!

It rides nice, shifter needs a little adjustment as it doesn't fully engage low gear, and the cockpit is on the small side for me (I'm 6'1). No selling/trading ideas yet, but when the day comes, it will probably be exchanged for something else that is interesting and old...

Bumpin' it back into the sunlight ........

............... patric

=====================
=====================

That was an interesting re read. Thanks for bringing it back into the sunlight, Patric.

To, thatonejohn.
When you have your two speed shifter in the high gear position, the cable should not have any tension on it. Adjust it, so that it is just barely slack, and it will shift perfectly in both gears.
They are very simple and reliable units, but the common mistake, is having the cable taught in the high gear position. It needs to be, just a little slack, when the shift lever is in the forward position.

That was an interesting re read. Thanks for bringing it back into the sunlight, Patric.

To, thatonejohn.
When you have your two speed shifter in the high gear position, the cable should not have any tension on it. Adjust it, so that it is just barely slack, and it will shift perfectly in both gears.
They are very simple and reliable units, but the common mistake, is having the cable taught in the high gear position. It needs to be, just a little slack, when the shift lever is in the forward position.

Easier said than done in this case. The metal tab that limits the forward motion of the lever is snapped off, so finding that sweet spot is a little difficult. I haven't put much effort into finding a fully functioning replacement shifter lever, but so far the ones I've seen all say New Departure Two Speed on them, and this one has no markings on it. At some point, they had jury rigged another piece of metal in there to act as the stopper, but it doesn't work too well. I'll have to tinker with it over winter break, although I'm not going to ride it in the salt.

shifter.jpg

I sold a clean 1940 tall frame champion ranger this year wasn't as original as yours but it brought $6500 . I wouldn't think yours is a an 8k bike all day bud nice score !!!! Just be easy on washing it then wax it just like your car.The paint On These bikes are better than any paint today !! Always be careful around the pin stripes other than that keep it love it ride it forever ! It's like you won the lottery of bikes !! Just enjoy it find what's missing or Broken and enjoy it !! If so it will
Become your families heirloom !! Awesome find and beautiful bike !!!

Cruising my Prewar Schwinn [emoji605]

Back