When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions suck

-
Ahhhhhh, what a good memory! Don't always assume it's a guy you are bidding against. It could *gasp* be a woman and she could be on The CABE. [emoji1787]

Here she is right after I won her and after she had been cleaned and serviced. I still have her and she will be passed down to my daughter one day. It is my favorite bike in my collection.

@OldSkipTooth thanks for resurrecting this thread.

-Theresa

View attachment 999135View attachment 999136

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That bike couldn't have gone to a nicer family.

There was a women’s ‘55 Customliner I bought at a swap meet. Everyone was eyeing it for it’s Delta Torpedo-Style headlight, mint fenders, and seat.

I bought it for my then-girlfriend, who is now my wife. Yes, it is getting ridden more and more. These bikes are meant to see pavement!

You can get a gem or garbage at an auction. You just got to know what to look for (still learning myself).

This was how I got my 1962 Schwinn American De Luxe - at an auction. I love it plus at $25, you can't beat that!

Unfortunately, I also got a 1963 Huffy F-85 at a prior auction $35 (before I knew what to look for). This bike is more hassle than anything else! Only good thing on it are the tires (that I bought).

Don't get me wrong, not every Huffy bike is bad - just this one! If anything, I will use it in my Halloween decorations, then maybe a garden bike afterwards.

Lesson learned - check then recheck before you buy! It's your hard earned money that's paying for someone else's trash (or treasure)!

Back