When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auctions suck

-
Whoops... sorry Fordmke65... I thought you were the new proud owner...

Reesathereas: you got a good deal at $1775, original front lens, nice original paint, , with a speedometer (stewart warner) to top it off! Keep me in mind if you ever want to part with it.
Ken-
I will keep you in mind should I ever decide to part with it. It was a lot more than we wanted to pay, but how often will I ever have the chance to purchase a bike in this condition and age? The speedometer is actually an Elgin.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

While the boys Speedlines seem to remain fairly consistent price wise the girls models seem to jump around quite a bit. While you may have paid more than you expected I feel the bike was bought at a decent price. Maybe a little higher than some would expect but like you said "condition" is key here. Once detailed that bike will be a stunner and coupled with the originality will be worth every penny. Sometimes you just have to step up and swing. I've been accused of overpaying for bikes but have never regretted any of those purchases but have regretted the "ones that got away". V/r Shawn

Great looking Shelby ... A little bar keepers friend on the rims - A light wipe down - new grease - pop a set of Johns US Royal Chain tires on her & she is back as a rider - appears to have a new lease on life with the new owner Reesatheresa - Congrats - well bought on this complete untouched original bicycle - Looks like she'll be RIDDEN not HIDDEN ... Ride Vintage - Frank
@cyclonecoaster.com. Thank you very much. She went for a short test ride last night. I am looking forward to picking my son up from school in the fall riding this beauty. All the moms have the wannabe old school bikes.[emoji33]

Are you talking about "Old Bikes Club" on FB ? Seems the bike sites on FB are not that good.I am always amazed at the lowball prices some of those people think the values are.Cabe is still the place .

Last edited:
I find it interesting that the east coast guys were putting a $700-$800 price tag on this bike repeatedly on facebook... Someone was looking to buy this bike for $200-$300 to flip is for $700+.
Makes me want to move back east... Fordmike65: you got a good deal at $1775, with a speedometer. original front lens, to top it off! Keep me in mind if you ever want to part with it.
Ken-
Look at it a different way..... How bout they don't know what they are talking about..... $700.00 for a bike in that condition....LOL....... A restored girls bike with those parts go for way more then what they where saying...... Bikes in that price range they are quoting are missing parts and are usually ruff. Frank has the matching OG boys.... You should of chased this one buddy.

Look at it a different way..... How bout they don't know what they are talking about..... $700.00 for a bike in that condition....LOL....... A restored girls bike with those parts go for way more then what they where saying...... Bikes in that price range they are quoting are missing parts and are usually ruff. Frank has the matching OG boys.... You should of chased this one buddy.
There is a big difference in price when someone is buying to flip the bike or a collector. I was at the end auction as a collector, so there was no way he was going home with it. -Theresa

I think the selling price was a very good deal for the buyer. Original, complete, fresh to market, deluxe loaded prewar bikes in this condition are getting very hard to find. I only see small handful pop up in a given year. If its a bike you really want sometimes you gotta spend a bit more than you wanted to, Nice score.

Back