When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

August Hurricane coaster ride

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wasn't there some mention of doing a ride on the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Greenville? Has anyone thought anymore about that?

Wasn't there some mention of doing a ride on the Swamp Rabbit Trail in Greenville? Has anyone thought anymore about that?
I'm down. Just give me enough heads up so I can check my schedule. V/r Shawn

There has definitely been some consideration to meet on the Swamp Rabbit, and it IS an awesome trail ... but the popularity of that trail and its heavy usage might be an issue. When you get a dozen or so of us on our vintage bikes with extra wide cruiser bars and a nice slow-cruise speed on a heavy-use trail there is always a safety concern.
It might require an 8am start time on that trail, to help avoid the crowds ...
Another GREAT TRAIL (in this region) that I have heard of that is getting an EXCELLENT rating is the "Thermal Belt Rail Trail" in Rutherfordton, NC !
http://www.rutherfordoutdoor.org/trails/thermal-belt-rail-trail
The HUGE advantage here is that fact that it's not attached to a major city the size of Greenville, SC ... yet ... for most of us riding with the Hurricane Coasters and @DonChristie , as well as the Upstate of SC, and some of us N.GA CABE'rs .... it is still within the driving-range of all of us. I've been told that it is relatively level, well paved (fresh!), and it goes thru a couple of very small towns that have eateries, watering holes, etc.
I'd like to coordinate with Don Christie and the Hurricane Coasters, as well as Shawn @Freqman1 , and Chuck @Sprockets to get together there in the near future .... and of course make sure anyone up in the Greenville area "UPSTATE" could join up as well as Asheville NC !!
This trail is about 1 hr west of Charlotte, 1 hr NNE of Greenville, and 1 hr SE of Asheville.
Maybe later on in SEPT we give this one a spin!
Cheers! CCR Dave

Sounds great! Lets find a centralized trail where everyone can ride! I am not familiar with those trails you mentioned, Dave. Im down like a clown, Charlie Brown! By then, I should have a new job!!! Lets talk Dave!

There has definitely been some consideration to meet on the Swamp Rabbit, and it IS an awesome trail ... but the popularity of that trail and its heavy usage might be an issue. When you get a dozen or so of us on our vintage bikes with extra wide cruiser bars and a nice slow-cruise speed on a heavy-use trail there is always a safety concern.
It might require an 8am start time on that trail, to help avoid the crowds ...
Another GREAT TRAIL (in this region) that I have heard of that is getting an EXCELLENT rating is the "Thermal Belt Rail Trail" in Rutherfordton, NC !
http://www.rutherfordoutdoor.org/trails/thermal-belt-rail-trail
The HUGE advantage here is that fact that it's not attached to a major city the size of Greenville, SC ... yet ... for most of us riding with the Hurricane Coasters and @DonChristie , as well as the Upstate of SC, and some of us N.GA CABE'rs .... it is still within the driving-range of all of us. I've been told that it is relatively level, well paved (fresh!), and it goes thru a couple of very small towns that have eateries, watering holes, etc.
I'd like to coordinate with Don Christie and the Hurricane Coasters, as well as Shawn @Freqman1 , and Chuck @Sprockets to get together there in the near future .... and of course make sure anyone up in the Greenville area "UPSTATE" could join up as well as Asheville NC !!
This trail is about 1 hr west of Charlotte, 1 hr NNE of Greenville, and 1 hr SE of Asheville.
Maybe later on in SEPT we give this one a spin!
Cheers! CCR Dave
Sounds good to me.

Back