When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AUSTIN, TX. THIS MORNING

-
Oh HELL NO! I could never survive in such climate. For one, i've always been naturally cold, and i'm on blood thinners to add to the fun. Today/now=60* thermals,double socks, 4 layers of shirts/jacket, and a beenie! I give props to you guys who can stand it! My friends on the east coast laugh at me!

See W.V seemed like a dry cold (maybe the thinner air in the hills/mountains) but down here in the Carolinas it seems it's just muggy in the warmer seasons so it makes you sticky and winter months just cuts you to the bone with all the moisture in the air. Like make up your damn mind & stay between 68-80°. Hahaha my perfect temps. Yeah Right

Born , raised and live in upstate NY. I have worked building houses and dealing with the weather for a long time. I love the cold and snow. Hate the heat. I can not deal with the summer heat here it is different then when I was younger, some of it is my advancing age but the weather is different. Like I tell my wife I can deal with cold by dressing correctly and fueling up with the right foods. In the heat I can only strip down so much with out getting arrested and thrown off jobs. And no matter how many cold drinks I have there is no relief.The weather has changed through out the country, this sort of accident was bound to happen. As always be safe and keep your head on a swivel.

IMG_0420.jpg

Originally, I was born and raised in Pennsylvania and lived in various states in the northeast. After enduring many winters, my wife and I decided to move to Austin,Texas about twenty eight years ago. Now my blood is like water and I totally love the heat down here. Needless to say, I'm not enjoying this coldsnap one bit!! I had to stop a next door neighbor from pouring a pan of boiling water on her frozen windshield. Being from the area her whole 21 years of life, she didn't understand the possible consequences. Whew!

So they decided to do “Rolling Power Outages” all night to conserve on power during the negative temperatures....My pipes froze!! I got cold water flowing but the hot water is no go. Luckily my fireplace is gas with a battery starter! Stay warm everyone!!

Big bummer! We lost power for 13 hours when it iced a few days ago. We're all electric here and the heat is pretty feeble(how I long for gas heat and cooking!) I have the wood-burning fireplace ready to go when the rolling outages hit us.---Thank you, Pendleton blankets!

Back