When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AUSTIN, TX. THIS MORNING

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is why I would always prefer wood stoves & gas but I Really am meticulous with any kinda chemical fuel for a home. Have seen guys knick the gas lines for fireplaces, tried to blame us when we did tear out for a rebuild, and there had been cases of people+houses blowing up because stuff isn't properly installed & checked. Be safe, stay warm and if you can invest in a Good Gas Generator

This is why I would always prefer wood stoves & gas but I Really am meticulous with any kinda chemical fuel for a home. Have seen guys knick the gas lines for fireplaces, tried to blame us when we did tear out for a rebuild, and there had been cases of people+houses blowing up because stuff isn't properly installed & checked. Be safe, stay warm and if you can invest in a Good Gas Generator
Early 2020 I stepped out back of my garage to “smoke” and noticed a heavy gas smell! Called immediately and had the gas shut off! Plumbers came and found numerous leaks and the 2 major ones were near my outdoor “smoking” spots and the other 2 major ones were the lines into the fireplaces! This whole house was primed to blow! I’m glad I got the fireplace fixed finally 2 weeks ago!!

Early 2020 I stepped out back of my garage to “smoke” and noticed a heavy gas smell! Called immediately and had the gas shut off! Plumbers came and found numerous leaks and the 2 major ones were near my outdoor “smoking” spots and the other 2 major ones were the lines into the fireplaces! This whole house was primed to blow! I’m glad I got the fireplace fixed finally 2 weeks ago!!
Glad you didn't go kaboom! Would definitely ruin your "smoke" break. That is why I am leary of gas though. I have seen weird repairs done on the main feed lines; what looked like laffy taffy wrapped around a pin hole & here we were digging under it to fix footers smoking the whole time. They put that house on helical piers over 200+ ft in the ground & made it like 3 1/2 stories. The basement piers from the ground to the floor supports were 24 ft tall. So crazy unimaginable stuff can & does happen

We woke up to 4-6 inches of snow outside of San Antonio. I’m from IL, the cold and snow isn’t a big deal there but a large deal here. The houses and infrastructure are are not set up for the extended cold.

water meters are in a box buried in the ground about 10” down with a lid to the surface; those are freezing

exterior water faucets are not frost proof

energy grid is incapable of handling the electrical demand and rolling brown outs are happening.

no means of removing the snow and ice off the road ways, some towns are closed

My household is fortunate and better off than others.

Subarus are awesome in the snow

a year ago I had an oversized emergency heater installed in the HVAC which is helping maintain 64 degrees in the house during the spells we have power

I had two snow shovels that made the trip down from IL (shovels mulch real well)

13B4145A-1D96-4AB4-9187-2D9510FBE3B1.jpeg

We woke up to 4-6 inches of snow outside of San Antonio. I’m from IL, the cold and snow isn’t a big deal there but a large deal here. The houses and infrastructure are are not set up for the extended cold.

water meters are in a box buried in the ground about 10” down with a lid to the surface; those are freezing

exterior water faucets are not frost proof

energy grid is incapable of handling the electrical demand and rolling brown outs are happening.

no means of removing the snow and ice off the road ways, some towns are closed

My household is fortunate and better off than others.

Subarus are awesome in the snow

a year ago I had an oversized emergency heater installed in the HVAC which is helping maintain 64 degrees in the house during the spells we have power

I had two snow shovels that made the trip down from IL (shovels mulch real well)

View attachment 1358353
Ahhh. Now I understand a lot more of why stuff is bad there. Not prepared for it since it usually doesn't snow. SC is kinda the same way but not as bad. As a de-icer lots of salt (they use brine here which is salt & sand) sand is a waste 'cause they're cheap bastids. RV anti freeze, pool noodles, & insulation from now on. WV has power line heaters installed on a lot of the lines. By the way 6" is considered the frost line iirc. Maybe some of this will help. Hate it for people. I have TN family dealing with a lot of it too.

Electricity Companies
Greedy Greedy Greedy
I get it that hospital grids here in Texas must have power

but to have every Walmart and Casco and other big box Stores lite up like Christmas
Com on Man
People are freezing in their own homes
It’s crazy here

Back