When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Austria JC Higgins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

williamlee111

On Training Wheels
I've got a j c Higgins 26in middleweight bicycle and I'm pretty sure from the serial number it's produced in 1955 but I'm just not sure. The bike is pictured as I got it and all original I'll be at some child actually brush painted different colors. I greased everything up and as I'm retired I ride it around the neighborhood for therapy. It rides really smooth what does look like a rat rod of sorts. I'm sending a couple pictures and a serial number and if anyone can identify it as a 55 that would be a great help. Thanks
SN 1954355-50346440.JPG
JC Higgins.JPG

December 21-1954.JPG

Ah, more info! Puch had the factory in Austria, and primarily built lightweight 3 speeds for Sears from the late '50s to the mid '70s. I haven't seen any decoding of their numbers. The '56 imports were made in W. Germany by either Steyr or Daimler, so I'm fairly sure this is an early '60s bike; Sears retired the JC Higgins name after '63.

Back