When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auto swap score 1981 Schwinn cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Casual dreamer

Finally riding a big boys bike
At the Turlock auto swap I picked up this 1981 cruiser, the guy had a roached girls version that he wanted to sell with it but I didn't think I could fit them both in my monte carlo. I picked up a movie reel chairing yesterday, probably put it on tomorrow. I got with the intention of selling or trading but it is rapidly growing on me! The frame date code is the same as my birth month and year! More pics to come!
20180128_071314.jpg

I saw that girls one. I just couldn't pull myself to pay what he was asking for it.

Yep, probably a bike shop swap per customers feedback.

That's what I suspected. The guy had the girls version with it which had the same chainring, I told him it was incorrect for the bike, he said nothing had been changed except the tires on the mens one. Supposedly his parents bought them new, I think the dealer must have changed them.

At the Turlock auto swap I picked up this 1981 cruiser, the guy had a roached girls version that he wanted to sell with it but I didn't think I could fit them both in my monte carlo. I picked up a movie reel chairing yesterday, probably put it on tomorrow. I got with the intention of selling or trading but it is rapidly growing on me! The frame date code is the same as my birth month and year! More pics to come!View attachment 744800
It's nothing special, but I can see how it would grow on you. I like the wheels and front fork. I think it has lot's of potential.
'Shawn

The half inch pitch swoops are Wald chainring with probably less teeth than the original.
Easier pedaling.

It could have been changed for any number of reasons, and when it I figured it was changed. Funny heres three of them with it. Mine looks a little bigger it is 46 tooth. Its torn down now and a springtime project.
82 Cruiser I.jpg

Back