When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autocycle door decal application??? Any Tips for applying them?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tom Hudak

Look Ma, No Hands!
I’m in the process of applying the Autocycle decals to my prewar jeweled tank. This is the first time trying to apply a large decal and believe me it’s no easy task. The right side was difficult and had a small split but I think I can touch it up to be unnoticeable. The left side I had to cut the decal to allow for the door. The end went on OK but I ruined the door decal when trying to slide it under the door button. It’s zero clearance. Has anyone attempted applying these decals and what tips do you have? I’m ready to remove the door button which would be very hard to reapply. Let me know any successful tips you had in applying the door decal.

8E185B7B-1D1A-4565-AE10-9073FCE5DA4B.jpeg

532F789A-370B-4DC9-A55C-0FABB9263ACF.jpeg

Also has anyone sprayed a clear coat over these decals? I’ll experiment prior to shooting the tank but thought I’d ask if the decal hold up after a clear coat application.

Aren't there a couple types of material used in these decals? Never put one on but interested in seeing how to overcome the door issue.

Several layers of clear helps and or putting it on a carrier sheet. I always cut out the latch hole before applying the decal.

Several layers of clear helps and or putting it on a carrier sheet. I always cut out the latch hole before applying the decal.
Thanks Dave! I also spoke to Bob U and He also cuts the latch hole prior to wetting the decals. I’m assuming I’d have to slide the decal off the backing just past the latch hole then apply to the door over the latch. I do have newer decals coming and I hope they are less brittle than the first one I tried to apply. Bob said the older batch were very thin and it took him 5 or 6 label attempts to get it right.

One detail I did not mention is you need to cut the decal to shape after applying the clear coat or the clear coat could keep it stuck to the carrier sheet.

Back