When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autograph Baseballs

-

BrandonB

Finally riding a big boys bike
Three autograph baseballs. One has a single autograph of Wilmer Fields from the era of the Negro Leagues, which is shown on the last picture. He played from 1940-1958 in the Negro, Canadian and various leagues. He was an outstanding pitcher at 6'3'' and 200 lbs. When he wasn't scheduled to pitch he played 3rd base. After Jackie Robinson broke the "color barrier" Fields was offered 5 contracts from the white owners over a period of time but he refused them because he wanted to finish his career from where it began. According to Wikipedia he was a household name during his career which ran from 1940-1958. Fields died in 2004
The second ball has the four autographs of Bert Campaneris, Fred Lynn, Tippy Martinez and Paul Blair who were outstanding players in their own right but never made it to the Hall of Fame.
The third ball has George Brett's signature, Mr. Pine Tar Incident himself. Brett is one of four players in MLB history to accumulate 3,000 hits, 300 home runs, and a career .300 batting average (the others being Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and Stan Musial). He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1999 on the first ballot.
I think these balls were signed at autograph signing events, such as grand openings, charity events, etc. The three balls are not game balls.
$65 for the three balls + shipping.

ball 1.png

ball 2.png

ball 3.png

ball 4.png

ball 5.png

Ball 6.jpg

Last edited:
I love the hobby of collecting bikes but I have been a more serious collector of sports memorabilia for over 43 years starting at age 7 .... these balls were available at signing events at low cost and sometimes free at card shows etc . At any given show there would have been at least 5-8 players signing all day long . It was so cool meeting these players and getting signatures . I remember I stood in line for about an hour when I was around 10 years old to get a card signed by Bob Feller and when I asked him to sign card he was so cool he signed the card and signed a ball similar to one pictured . These look good solid autos . I actually have Wilmer ‘s autograph myself and looks dead on .
Feel confident in these autographed balls ... great price as well
RIP Mr Frank Robinson
Junkman Bob

Thanks for your input, Junkman Bob.
I have just added a third ball and signature of George Brett, who was voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1999. Unfortunately I had to raise the price of the signatures to $65 which I feel is still a very fair price. I happen to come by these by accident and thought somebody would like them for their collection at a extremely fair price.
$65 for the three balls.

Last edited:
I love the hobby of collecting bikes but I have been a more serious collector of sports memorabilia for over 43 years starting at age 7 .... these balls were available at signing events at low cost and sometimes free at card shows etc . At any given show there would have been at least 5-8 players signing all day long . It was so cool meeting these players and getting signatures . I remember I stood in line for about an hour when I was around 10 years old to get a card signed by Bob Feller and when I asked him to sign card he was so cool he signed the card and signed a ball similar to one pictured . These look good solid autos . I actually have Wilmer ‘s autograph myself and looks dead on .
Feel confident in these autographed balls ... great price as well
RIP Mr Frank Robinson
Junkman Bob
There wasn't a finer gentleman at any of the baseball shows I took my son to than BobFeller. He set up a small table, often with his wife, and would talk to any and all that approached him, signed anything they had. Many of the other players and former players would isolate themselves and only sign things if you paid a fee. Sorry to say but Hank Aaron was one of the worse, in my opinion (personal experience).

Back