When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AUUUUUGH! 'Modern' batteries...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saving Tempest

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm caught by the dilemma of having an old Delta light and the D cell needs Weight Watchers...

Help Mr. Wizard!

Seriously, I went to the dollar store and put a Sunbeam brand super heavy duty D cell in the Delta clip on light I got and while that will fit in a 'Red Guard' with no hassles, it gets stuck in the clip-on and a Rayovac alkaline C cell is way too small.

What do I do, go buy some D sleeves for single AAs or a C?

I got it figured out. That dished reflector has to be from a FLASHLIGHT. What I need is another flat plate with a hole the size of the bulb. If I transfer the one from the Red Guard light it works just fine and I don't end up jamming the D cell in there.

Anyone have such a spare part sitting around?

What I do to avoid "sagging battery's" is take a piece of old1-3/4 inner tube cut to length. Then zip tie the bats to the battery holder . No more battery sagg and no horn or light stoppage..

I see another Delta like in in Classifieds...assuming I could get it and also get it working I'd still need this...and yes, the clip on is exactly the same...I had to borrow the part from my NOS Red Guard to give the clip on a test run today.

Delta bulb holder.jpg
(From their ad)

Somehow this got lost and a regular flashlight dished reflector was tried, which doesn't work, also because it's PLASTIC and there is a metal strip down the side that makes contact and completes the circuit.

Back