When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVP Airshow

-

izee2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Went to the NEPA AVP Airport Airshow this weekend. Brought a couple bikes to display. Good size crowd with a lot of interest in the bikes. Couple pics....
15daff11267da77ca6daee4c1de204b9.jpg

954da9d5b62f6363a8624c3b474d0ee4.jpg

c702c572fec454a1befef3e1bdce7073.jpg

ea4ba1b6827c01f63e25aeaa4c8af011.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the NEPA AVP Airport Airshow this weekend. Brought a couple bikes to display. Good size crowd with a lot of interest in the bikes. Couple pics....
View attachment 660048
View attachment 660049
View attachment 660050
View attachment 660051

WTHeck is the NEPA AVP air show? I'm retired from the Army and know a lot of acronyms (we have a whole manual on them) but I've never heard of that?

Yep, Northeast PA's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Airport is where it was at. They were advertising it as "NEPA Airshow @ AVP" It was a show that was pretty large 17 years ago then it just went away. Promoters really tried to get it up and running again. Hopefully they will keep it going.

Sorry Stig, not for sale. I just can't let them go, yet.

Hi Izee2,

I love the yellow early Columbia, I don't think that I've seen it before.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi Izee2,

I love the yellow early Columbia, I don't think that I've seen it before.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Adrian,
The yellow bike came out of Tinker AFB in Oklahoma about 4 years ago. The MASQ on the bike is from the Military Airlift Squadron. They were stationed at Tinker in the late 60's. (So I've been told) I was also told that it was more than likely used as a flight line bike. There is a inventory sticker on the rear fender. Sticker is from 71'. The bike was probably mothballed there since then. It's one that I would never consider restoring. Way to much history there. You already have the serial number from it. It is also stenciled on the fender.
Thanks
Tom

Back