When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awesome Scooter Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Phattiremike

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I found this on a road trip into S.C. yesterday at a yard sale, they claimed it was hanging in a barn for over 50 years, some of the twine it hung from is still intact. This scooter has a cool art deco look to it so I think its from the 1930's?

So what I thought is a brake until I flipped it over to oil it up is actually a pedal that connects to a metal bar under the scooter, the bar then connects to a small chain which wraps 1/2 way around a hub w/ no sprocket. So when you depress the pedal it pulls the bar and chain forward thus spinning the 12" wheel. Both of the hard tire/rims are 12". Rims have some great pinstripes, pinstripes are on other parts of the scooter as well it's overall in very nice condition.

Any idea of who and when it mas made? I tried a riding toy book and some internet searching but didn't see any scooter the propels itself, help please!

I'm cleaning this up today and will display in the house w/ some other toys.

Thanks in advance for any information you could provide - Mike

Scooter 1.PNG

Scooter 2.JPG

Scooter 3.JPG

Scooter 4.JPG

Scooter 5.JPG

Scooter 6.JPG

Last edited:
Just looking at the photos, you can tell this is a really well made riding toy and could last through generations of children. Nice find! Oh, I checked "Riding Toys" too, and there is no match that I could find either.

Dave

Thanks guys, here's the scooter after 0000 steal wool, WD 40 and a polish. Still retains its patina no touch up done. I'm loving it with a shine, I found 409 stamped to the right of the front tire on fender.

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

Back