When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awsome 1961 Columbia Firebolt

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
I just bought this super clean, unrestored, original '61 Columbia Firebolt.
I have plenty of Balloon Bikes (10), and about 12 great English racers ( Raleigh),
But I now would really like to get my middleweight collection a little larger.
This Bike is so cool with the welded straight bar/luggage rack & the beautiful tank with the lights & bell. This particular
bike is in really excellent condition for being 50 years old. The Candyapple Red paint is like glass & the chrome is very nice except for minor ruist on the rims.
I found it in Upstate New York on Craigslist. This is a keeper!.................Wayne

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Wow

That is a bueatiful bike. I never understood how the bike had such great lines but a really odd and bulky horn button.
Nice find!!

Thanks guys..Lrggarge horn

Firstly, thanks for the nice comments. I really love finding bikes this old is such amazing original condition.
Also...Lrggarge...It is a large button, but it is not a horn, it is a really loud mechanical bell. It sounds like a loud hotel
lobby desk bell..................Wayne

Wayne....That is a great find!!
The bike is in awesome condition. These are beautiful yet rugged looking and I would trade 2 of my bikes for one of these....well maybe not but....I want one!
The rear rack is amazing and the tank light is a real eye catcher.

Dear Santa, PLEASE!!!!!

How much did you have to pay for this classic find?

jd56

Thanks for the good words about the bike. The guy wanted $300.00 for the bike, but I got it for $225.00
Now, I know that would sound like a lot to some people for a middleweight, but to find a 50 year old bike that
is in this condition is very rare, and I do not have to spend a dime on restoring it.
I actually think this perticular Columbia is way cooler that it's Schwinn counterpart. You are also correct
in the fact that this is built very well. Anyway, good luck, I hope you find one. I believe this particular tank
design is one year only, 1961..................Wayne

Mine is what I believe to be a 1959 same tank as yours....

Attachments

• firearrow3.jpg
    firearrow3.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 215
  • firearrow4.jpg
    firearrow4.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 203
Back