When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awsome 1961 Columbia Firebolt

-

Wayne Adam

I live for the CABE
I just bought this super clean, unrestored, original '61 Columbia Firebolt.
I have plenty of Balloon Bikes (10), and about 12 great English racers ( Raleigh),
But I now would really like to get my middleweight collection a little larger.
This Bike is so cool with the welded straight bar/luggage rack & the beautiful tank with the lights & bell. This particular
bike is in really excellent condition for being 50 years old. The Candyapple Red paint is like glass & the chrome is very nice except for minor ruist on the rims.
I found it in Upstate New York on Craigslist. This is a keeper!.................Wayne

IMG_0551.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG

Wow

That is a bueatiful bike. I never understood how the bike had such great lines but a really odd and bulky horn button.
Nice find!!

Thanks guys..Lrggarge horn

Firstly, thanks for the nice comments. I really love finding bikes this old is such amazing original condition.
Also...Lrggarge...It is a large button, but it is not a horn, it is a really loud mechanical bell. It sounds like a loud hotel
lobby desk bell..................Wayne

Wayne....That is a great find!!
The bike is in awesome condition. These are beautiful yet rugged looking and I would trade 2 of my bikes for one of these....well maybe not but....I want one!
The rear rack is amazing and the tank light is a real eye catcher.

Dear Santa, PLEASE!!!!!

How much did you have to pay for this classic find?

jd56

Thanks for the good words about the bike. The guy wanted $300.00 for the bike, but I got it for $225.00
Now, I know that would sound like a lot to some people for a middleweight, but to find a 50 year old bike that
is in this condition is very rare, and I do not have to spend a dime on restoring it.
I actually think this perticular Columbia is way cooler that it's Schwinn counterpart. You are also correct
in the fact that this is built very well. Anyway, good luck, I hope you find one. I believe this particular tank
design is one year only, 1961..................Wayne

Mine is what I believe to be a 1959 same tank as yours....

Attachments

• firearrow3.jpg
    firearrow3.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 212
  • firearrow4.jpg
    firearrow4.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 199
Back