When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Awsome 1961 Columbia Firebolt

-
1959 Firearrow..

Hi 1959firearrow. You are right, same tank. I stand corrected, '61 was the last year of this tank. So I believe it is '59, '60 & '61....Wayne

Another 61 Firebolt...different tank

Thanks for the good words about the bike. The guy wanted $300.00 for the bike, but I got it for $225.00
Now, I know that would sound like a lot to some people for a middleweight, but to find a 50 year old bike that
is in this condition is very rare, and I do not have to spend a dime on restoring it.
I actually think this perticular Columbia is way cooler that it's Schwinn counterpart. You are also correct
in the fact that this is built very well. Anyway, good luck, I hope you find one. I believe this particular tank
design is one year only, 1961..................Wayne

I guess you were right, as usual....lol
I have been searching what sources I can to find a bike like yours. I found this on CL in N. Jersy but it's tanklight is like my 69 Columbia Cruiser.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bik/2713415992.html

I need aquire Mr. Columbias catalogs he has for sale to research the exact years your tanklight was made.
Anywho....still looking....dear Santa....
Do you think he's listening?

Hey jd56...

Hey jd56... In the Craigslist ad that you posted, the guy is wrong. The bike he has listed is a 1962 or newer.
I believe he may have corrected the ad since that posting. Either way, he is definately wrong. The Rounded "Eye ball" light tank that is on mine
was used from '59 to '61. '61 was the last year for it. It is kind of a shame that they changed it. The tank on my '61 is very well constructed,
and even the light chrome bezels and white visors are all metal, not plastic. Anyway, I got this bike just in time. I kept putting the guy off, and I got to him just
one day before he was going to take it to a flea market.
Keep looking, you will find one!...............................................Wayne

Thanks Wayne.
I love the "eyeball" tanklight. Any other bike manufacturers used this tanklight design?
It would be great to broaden my search. These firebolts are few and far between.

Hey jd56

I also have been looking, and the only two bikes I have found with this tank are the 1959 Columbia Firearrow,
and the 1961 Firebolt. There does not seem to be a similar tank by any other manufacturer either. What sold me on this bike
beside the outstanding condition was the tank and the straight bar welded rack design.
Wayne

fireArrow

Wayne,
So how's that great looking firebolt doin?
I posted a few question on the schwinn side of the forum today....don't go there too often. a member sent this CO cL listing.
I sent the seller an email and awaiting a resonse. He wants way to much for this frankenbike but, dang it's a Columbia Firearrow.....dang, I want it. But, not for $175....well???? dagnabbit then there is freight. Too overpriced.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/bik/2771215360.html

Hey jd

Hi JD, Thanks for bumping my Firebolt to the top. That firearrow has potential, and the same tank as my Firebolt, but probably a bit overpriced considering condition
if you have to pay for shipping. I took a ride today into PA. A guy called me and said he had lots of middleweight bikes. Holy cow, when I got there I could not believe
the pile of junk. All were missing parts, all were completely rusted out and none were that desireable at at all.
I keep looking at my '61 Firebolt and I am so happy that I bought it!.
Hey, you just bought a nice bike, maybe you should take a break!, just kidding, we just can't stop!............Wayne

Still I don't understand how this seller be contacted.
I got the info of this site after reading a post on how to find national CL postings.
Id like to make an offer if it is still avail.
Are you near this area outside or in boston?
Can you help me on this?
Im on a roadtrip to roanoke va today returning my niece to college and stopping.g see a potential eldorado.
I don't expect much but ill be near there anyway. Never know.
oh im always in the market for a firebolt or arrow. Thanks to u brother.....lol

jd

Hi JD,
If I were in the area or even a good drive away, I would help you, but Boston is very far for me also, it's a few hundred miles northeast.
I know, because my wife & I vacation in Rockpost & Salem, Mass, and we pass by Boston. If you find something within my reach, I will gladly get it for you.
Wayne

Back