When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Axle mount sissybar and rear derailleurs?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hi, I was really hoping to run my tall axle-mount sissybar on this 5 speed Fastback. Do I need a longer axle to accommodate the rear derailleur and all? Will I run into any interference? Thanks for any help on the matter! Sam

24ED8F3C-5355-465B-8612-C547366AC346.jpeg

Hi, I was really hoping to run my tall axle-mount sissybar on this 5 speed Fastback. Do I need a longer axle to accommodate the rear derailleur and all? Will I run into any interference? Thanks for any help on the matter! Sam

View attachment 924718
You can always slide the axle over if room permits, but most of the time it's not a problem unless the axle was changed before with a shorter version

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I would be more inclined to mount the seat support to the accessory/fender hole by using a some type of reducer bushing or adapter.

Food for thought! Just looked and yes, the axle doesn’t have much room on either side. Hub is a French built Sprint so maybe that factors in. The axle on my stingray (Bendix) does look longer and more stout.
I used to own a rams horn fastback years ago with a hangman sissybar, don't think I had any problems with it mounted on the axle but then schwinn was always inter changing parts for on reason or another

Oh wow! Would you happen to have a picture? I am debating going this route (Ramshorn) since the previous owner was so nice as to Windex the chainguard screen, haha!

Oh wow! Would you happen to have a picture? I am debating going this route (Ramshorn) since the previous owner was so nice as to Windex the chainguard screen, haha!
No pics that was a long time ago brought it new off the show room floor, main Street schwinn stkn CA, but I can give you a description of the fastback in detail as some day I also would like to remake it

Back