When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

axle nuts are making me nutty.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
what kind of wacky nuts do they use on these old bikes? where can you get them other than ebay for big bucks?

I had a Musselman hub in my wheel and swapped in a New Departure for the skip tooth. my nuts from the Musselman hub do not fit the New Departure axle. I have one extra New Departure nut that does fit both the Musselman and New Departure axles and it twists on with my fingers. I tried to snag some nuts from a Bendix hub but those were different as well.

so what would the threads be on a New Departure Model D ? can you find them anywhere other than NOS on ebay?? seems like the Bendix hub has a regular hardware store nut on it.

Yeah ND had some funky shallow threads, but are still 3/8"x24tpi. You can run a die over the ND axle to cut it down slightly for regular nuts, or just get another ND axle nut.

what kind of wacky nuts do they use on these old bikes? where can you get them other than ebay for big bucks?

I had a Musselman hub in my wheel and swapped in a New Departure for the skip tooth. my nuts from the Musselman hub do not fit the New Departure axle. I have one extra New Departure nut that does fit both the Musselman and New Departure axles and it twists on with my fingers. I tried to snag some nuts from a Bendix hub but those were different as well.

so what would the threads be on a New Departure Model D ? can you find them anywhere other than NOS on ebay?? seems like the Bendix hub has a regular hardware store nut on it.
kirk Thomas might have what your needing, he seems to have a lot of inventory in hardware

Back