When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Double E Double R Un

-

cds2323

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Besides riding to your favorite watering hole, wonder what methods you use to carry your favorite frothy beverage on a bike. I've found that baskets just help shake it up and lead to most of it foaming away. I've tried baskets, racks and suspending from frame or bars, nothing seems to work well. Usually use a back pack to keep shaking to a minimum but even that isn't ideal.

Post pics of your favorite transportation method. Here's a basket and a dedicated keg hauler (maybe a little much).
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I built a bike years ago that had two vintage steel coolers for saddlebags. Also had a USPS cycletruck with a giant aluminum basket that could (and did) carry a keg. Talk about top heavy.

Nowadays, I just ride to bars on my bikes and drink there. In California, there's almost zero places you can have alcohol in public, so the only beer I carry is in my bladder and bloodstream.

and if you're the brewpub type and want to take home a growler
il_570xN.588075408_r3gy.jpg

After all that, here is my actual favorite transportation method (usually don't ride with more than one beer, if that).
I like RandiJo bar bags, and all our bikes have at least one, because they're so crazy useful.
They'll carry wallet/keys/phone and keep them handy, double up as an extra water bottle holder, and yes, will nicely hold a can or longneck
RJ2.jpg
this is a MUT bag
http://www.randijofab.com/collections/bags

Last edited:
All we need is a ten and a five. And a car and a key, and a sober driver....

Back