When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-icicles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thank you!!!!!
I'm so excited. Working on a HUGE project for the final round of jurying.

Wow...just took a peek @ straycatstudio & all the happenings there with all
the folks. Love your work...and the boots as well!
if possible... keep us posted! :)

:eek:
It really blows out here in PA. I've had to have my car pushed out of just about every parking spot I've been in for the last four or five days. I got stuck in the parking lot at work and three people and a snow plow struggled to get me out.
So here's a little fun to fill the s**** days of bad weather.

I've been watching these grow out of my apartment window. It's going to FINALLY warm up again in a day or so.... So it was time to harvest them!

View attachment 739040 View attachment 739039 View attachment 739037 View attachment 739038

Happy winter folks! :rolleyes:
Maybe that "Firestone" will help melt the ice! :eek:

Depressing,freezing cold weather,UGHH!! Michigan just as bad. I thought of getting a cheapo fat bike for the snow/salt but the temps are just too cold for riding. Retiring in a few years and getting out of this crap shortly thereafter.

For me, the biggest reason I don't ride in the winter is the bike paths aren't cleared and the snow banks crowd me too far into the streets where the vehicle operators with their faces glued to their phones aren't expecting anyone on a bike. That and I can't easily clean off the super fine grit winter riding accumulates indoors without having to then clean it off everything else.

I highly recommend snow tires—my highish-powered FWD car is like a rally car with them (and my low-powered one before it was a tank). You can often find sets with lightly used winter tires for pretty cheap on craigslist. Got my friend a set of mounted Blizzaks nearly new for $400 for her Maxima (the tires alone are usually more than that, never mind the wheels and balancing). Of course, you have to have a place to store them.

For me, the biggest reason I don't ride in the winter is the bike paths aren't cleared and the snow banks crowd me too far into the streets where the vehicle operators with their faces glued to their phones aren't expecting anyone on a bike. That and I can't easily clean off the super fine grit winter riding accumulates indoors without having to then clean it off everything else.

I highly recommend snow tires—my highish-powered FWD car is like a rally car with them (and my low-powered one before it was a tank). You can often find sets with lightly used winter tires for pretty cheap on craigslist. Got my friend a set of mounted Blizzaks nearly new for $400 for her Maxima (the tires alone are usually more than that, never mind the wheels and balancing). Of course, you have to have a place to store them.

I'm fortunate that we don't get snow, but the strong winds make it quite uncomfortable to ride.
It seems that texting while driving is universal. Also when I'm driving, many people are glued to their phones
and are oblivious to traffic and cross the streets without checking if it's safe.

There's an area that keeps a tradition on maintaining homes from the 1900-1930s.
I usually ride my Iver Johnson from that time period there.
I put on a newsboy cap & vintage Woolrich jacket and I'm ready.
Probably look ridiculous to others...no matter!
"I'm back in time & having a blast!"

26047301_876638345845143_1608140508557543197_n.jpg

This is one of many houses in King Williams area from last Dec.
As you see,not much snow! :)
I added the figure to the right from that time period.

Last edited:
That's a good idea. I'll try to get some pics in the McIntyre District in Salem this year. The old mansions are much older than the bicycle, but it should make for a nice background if I can keep the parked cars out of the photos.

That's a good idea. I'll try to get some pics in the McIntyre District in Salem this year. The old mansions are much older than the bicycle, but it should make for a nice background if I can keep the parked cars out of the photos.
That's one of the challenges. Keeping things
out that don't belong.
Lately, I been relying more on the iPhone
instead of my Nikon,
Looking forward to your pics.
Thanks!

Back