When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Badge holes too big! Now what..

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
How do i fill in headtube holes to take proper badge screws?

20190726_172954.jpg

Screenshot_2019-07-26-17-45-14.png

File the headtube to correct the metal surrounding the holes to proper contour, then braze the holes and redrill them after filing the brass smooth where you brazed the headtube. Not a huge job, but one that takes a little patience.
REC

All good ideas. With the JB Weld option, I'd re-use some JB Weld on the thread screws once the 1st holes patch has cured and been re-drilled. That will keep them tight and hopefully permanent. Perhaps even a dab of "goop/silicone" on the back of the badge to ensure adhesion. Good luck!

Unless you are a purist, use clear silicone seal to glue everything in place. No one except you will ever know. Simple and cheap fix.

When I have run into this and the bike is not extremely valuable I have just used 1/8 Pop rivets. Roger

I would use JB weld.Unless this is a very valuable bike it wont make a difference. Even epoxy to hold the screws in would be good.

Plumbers tape the hell out of those little threads and run her in, matey!!

I gotta say that is a great photo of that tiny screw hole and screw. good job!

someone pried an emblem off with a screwdriver. the metal is still there. put it back where it goes....

maybe put a piece of tubing to act as a dolly down inside the head tube and hit that little hole with a little hammer and close it up as good as you can, then see if the screw will hold tight.... probably don't even need the tubing.

Back