When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bafang mid motor 58 Wasp

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tubender

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello all,
If I’m posting under an incorrect heading please forgive me.
Mid motors and old Schwinn frames.
I read somewhere that I will need an off center adapter for a Bafang motor. Anyone knowledgeable on these?
6B3C5479-6FD4-4FC8-BC12-6DBFF19D78B2.jpeg

Reactions: JLF
I have some experience with TSDZ2 mid motor, that is in many way similar to Bafang. They mount to standard BSA thread BB, so you need to convert yours to that. But you can't go with a normal USA/BSA adapter, because the motor leans close to the BB, that means the thread must be off-center leaning to one side. That is exactly what an off-center adapter provides you with. Luckily they are often used on tandems and other bikes sometimes too, to be able to tighten the chain.

The bshd is a little bigger but do able. Could you share any pictures of the kickstand side. It’s really easy to enjoy old with the new have fun!! P.s if you’d like to run around for days use saddle bags and put a battery on each side

Back