When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ball end Grips Real or repro?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SJ_BIKER

Riding a 41 Super Deluxe
I got these from that Herb Cyclery haul. Can anyone confirm whether they are real or just nice Repros?
Im keeping them regardless for a bike im building but curious if they are the real deal.....

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_1000.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

I bought a "NOS" set that look just like those. But when compared to known originals these ends seem thicker. Maybe just worn thinner from use.
20240515_214505.jpg

20240515_214547.jpg

20240515_214612.jpg

Last edited:
The squared-off, thick inboard ends, as opposed to the tapered ones on the known originals, give me the feeling that those are reproductions. But can't say for sure. Maybe we could try radiocarbon dating or FTIR spectroscopy of the rubber compounds? One thing I can say for sure is that they would look way cool on the right bike! Have fun.

One must consider this style grips first shows up in the early teens era and then was made by different manufacturers for over 25 years. There are length, and other variations; of course there will be subtle and major differences.

Last edited:
Back