When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Balloon tire or cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
But a 1950's Monark or Firestone Cruiser is both except when a Super Cruiser. Take off the fenders and sheet metal and they are still Balloon Tire Cruisers
Cruiser Cruiser. Just words. Call it a bike!

But a 1950's Monark or Firestone Cruiser is both except when a Super Cruiser. Take off the fenders and sheet metal and they are still Balloon Tire Cruisers
Cruiser Cruiser. Just words. Call it a bike!
Yep yep & you can send me all the Monark sheet metal Lmfao

RARE VINTAGE 60's STANDARD CRUISER PROJECT​

1611507033630.png

CRUSTY 60's ERA STANDARD CRUISER. I CAN'T FIND ANY INFO, ON IT, BUT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN AN EXPENSIVE BIKE IN IT'S DAY, IT IS COMPLETE, GREAT PATINA, AND ORIGINAL. IT'S A GREAT BIKE TO RESTORE, RAT ROD OR YARD ART. $85.00 CALL CHRIS@SIX-O-TWO-300-6018 OR EMAIL WITH NUMBER. NO TEXT THANKS

I simply thought cruiser was the modern day word meaning balloon/2.125" tired bicycle. So many non bike people have No Clue or care to learn sometimes as @GTs58 jus' showed

I would consider a Middleweight 24/26x1.75 or 1 3/4 a cruiser too. Schwinn Typhoon and the like.. as well as the above mentioned 26x2.125 bikes. It's a generic description of that style bike. I agree with @GTs58 description above and the example in the picture posted I'd call a cruiser. A road bike or a Schwinn Lightweight or British 3 speed is not a traditional cruiser... (to answer @Hukah's question).

If the word Cruiser has taken on different meanings to different people than maybe it has come to means a bike that is ridden in a certain style.
Cruising is nice, easy, and slow. Leaves out balloon tire Klunkers which might have started life as a Cruiser

Last edited:
I personally consider "cruiser" to be pejorative.

But then again, cruising implies riding just for the sake of riding (as opposed to commuting, touring, deliveries, racing, what have you). And riding just for the sake of riding is great - something I need to be doing more of.

But yeah, I'd wipe that word from my vocabulary, and if someone says "nice cruiser" (un-ironically), smile and thank them.

Back