When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Balloon Tire Sources (?)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rides4Fun

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi fellow Cabers,

Can anyone recommend some good current sources for balloon tires? In particular, I am looking for a rounded profile where the rubber meets the road, as opposed to a more square tread on top. Also, like the brick pattern or something similar. And lastly, are Fat Franks still available for purchase?

Still learning my way around and appreciate any suggestions:)

Thank you,

Barry

I LOVE John's chaintreads tires. 90% of my bikes have them. But...if you're looking for a more rounded profile, Schwalbe Fat Frank's are pretty nice.
Thank you, so much for your insight, it is very helpful! I will look into both of your suggestions:)

I have been riding these brick tread repro's for the last couple of months and they are great.

For a round modern profile tire options check these out-
Maxxis DTH
Schwalbe Big Apple
SE Cubs
Vans Cult X
Fat Frank’s as you mentioned.

I’m sure there are a few others too.

Last edited:
I like John’s chain tread tires for my nicer bike projects; but sometimes look for more economy on not-so-nice projects.

On eBay, one might sort by lowest price plus shipping, (as well as by location), and Duro tires will float to the top; (be sure to self-calculate for any taxes though).

Since online prices have increased lately, we may have to reconsider the price versus value, and maybe Schwalbe tires might be a good deal sometimes(?).

Last edited:
Back