When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bare/gun metal Colson Project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Monarky

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 1938 Colson Project where the paint is all gone and was thinking of going with the bare/gun metal look. Does anyone have any pictures of their projects with this same similar look? If so I would like to see them to get some cool ideas. Please share any pictures or any tips on how to proceed with this type of project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Monarky:cool:

Here ya go....

My 37 rollfast motobike. No original paint left so I stripped it to bare metal then added two coats of semi gloss clear. Please post yours when you're done please.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 475
My 37 rollfast motobike. No original paint left so I stripped it to bare metal then added two coats of semi gloss clear. Please post yours when you're done please.

Nice bike....it looks great thanks for posting it. I hope to see others just like it. Thanks Monarky. :cool:

Nice bike & look. Have been using gun blueing on spokes & other parts, but not a frame. Working on an aluminum Silver King, where all the steel parts are going to be browned, will post soon.

Not quite bare metal but..

My 46 schwinn dx again had no good original paint under the layers, so this was stripped too but I did a faux rusty patina by letting it sit out in the rain for 18 hours and spaying it with a salt water mix. A nice alternative to bare metal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 411
I have a 1938 Colson Project where the paint is all gone and was thinking of going with the bare/gun metal look. Does anyone have any pictures of their projects with this same similar look? If so I would like to see them to get some cool ideas. Please share any pictures or any tips on how to proceed with this type of project would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Monarky:cool:

Great Thread - Monarky .... this is the chassis of my mid-late 1917 Flying Merkel ...

Washed mild-soap / water ... Denatured-Alcohol Prepped ... Visible-Steel Oxidized with a Brass-Antiquing
Chemical (search google) ... Birchwood-Casey Plum-Brown (search google) and Cleared with Krylon Matte-
Finish Clear Spray. Currently working on fenders and other bolt-on pieces.

bir000liq  copy.jpg

bir000liq  copy 2.jpg

plum-brown-group%20%2001.jpg

Krylon-Matte-Finish-1311.jpg

1917 FM chassis display  MLC  Spring 2014.jpg

1917  FM  001.jpg

1917  FM  002.jpg

1917  FM  004.jpg

More to follow .....

........... patric

=====================
=====================

Last edited:
Continued from previous Entry within this thread .....................

1917  FM  005.jpg

1917  FM  006.jpg

1917  FM   003.jpg

........... patric

=====================
=====================

Patric, that bike looks freakin great.

Thank you .. 57 spitfire ... that Krylon Matte Spray does not reveal that there actually is a clear coat.
For me .. 5 to 7 layers, twenty-minits apart. This stuff slightly deepens and intensifies what's already there.

If you get a scuff on the machine ... apply First-Aid --- those chemicals that i use for metal oxidation .. and
a soothing layer or three of the matte spray.

........... patric cafaro

===========
===========

Last edited:
Back