When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bare Your Soul

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I usually hang on to everything, but today I scrapped two 1950's JC Higgins Girls frames, two fenders, one cracked JC Higgins kickstand, one set of handlebars, one rusty drop center rim, and I'M NOT SORRY!
Why didnt you put it on CL "free stuff" ?

Why didnt you put it on CL "free stuff" ?

I could have, but...
1) I'm out in the boonies and nobody would want to drive all the way out here for that crap.
2) The little lady doesn't like to have any CL people coming out to the house.
3) Whoever picked it up would probably scrap it out anyhow.
4) I was tired of dealing with it!

I could have, but...
1) I'm out in the boonies and nobody would want to drive all the way out here for that crap.
2) The little lady doesn't like to have any CL people coming out to the house.
3) Whoever picked it up would probably scrap it out anyhow.
4) I was tired of dealing with it!
Those seem like lame excuses

I've offered stuff for free here with virtually no takers. I'm not afraid to scrap, especially after going to bike swaps and seeing the same stuff sit on sellers tables swap after swap. I see it as me helping increase the value of everyone else's parts ;)
I used to find myself going down the path of having all kinds of maybe I'll use that one day kinda stuff, but now I am most happy with one project and complete (to me) bikes. No more space wasting parts piles for me.

IMG_2351.JPG

This blue banana seat I threw out...and it made me feel good.

I ran over the Geico squirrel today on my way to work.....third one this year. First one I felt guilty all day. Second one made me wonder what I could have done differently. After today I'm getting used to it.... they definitely are adrenaline junkies.

I pumped up my tire yesterday and a big bubble formed at the valve stem. later that evening I heard a loud pop and a hissing sound. I'm just going to toss that tube out like I don't even care.

I recently tossed out the love of this beautiful woman like it was last weeks trash. I don't even know why.
IMAG2886.jpg

Last edited:
Back