Barking Dogs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Boris, Oct 7, 2017.

1. #41 Posted Oct 11, 2017

I live for the CABE

I’m afraid I’ve got you all beat. :( I live next to a dog park. Rain or or shine night or day they are there making noise.The barking, the horrible voices they use talk to their dogs, and the whistling and clapping. Dogs don’t speak English. Shut up. Lol. Even though hours are sunrise to sunset. Dog people are above the rules. The weirdest people are ones who come at night while it’s raining. For fudge sakes get a life!!! I’ve felt the wind from dog balls go past my face as the launch them with those chuckit sticks. Stopped that by planting clumping bamboo. They tried to turn the dog park into some social event. Bring all their old lawn furniture. Sit around for hours yelling and being so loud. At night I take it all and dispose of it. Lol. They don’t bring them anymore. You can only push me so far and then pow Alice straight to the moon. bark

fordmike65 and Balloonatic like this.
  2. #42 Posted Oct 11, 2017

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe

Take it from me...you guys are looking at this in a negative way.
    The 2017 model is lighter & solar powered!
    F0UieFM.jpg.png

648d0de56e11bf30d9259ed0f45bf15a.jpg

#42 2jakes, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  3. #43 Posted Oct 11, 2017

Finally riding a big boys bike

... The neighbors behind me (who I don't really know) recently acquired a Pit Bull terrier that startled the beJesus out of me with vicious barking the first time that I ventured behind the garage ... I thought, Oh Great! ... I get to deal with this now every time he's out in the yard ... But then thinking before I get frustrated or piss the dog off ... maybe keeping a stash of dog biscuits in the storage bin behind the garage to give him when I'm out there ... might be way to stop him from barking at me ... Bingo! ... Two bucks for a pound of biscuits ... Not a peep when he sees me now ...

4. #44 Posted Oct 11, 2017

Look Ma, No Hands!

Yea, People who let there dogs bark suck. I have a naturally loud one myself ( A German Shepard from Czechoslovakian Border Patrol Lines), luckily I have a secluded yard. When he is out, the second he barks play time is over, and he comes back in. I'm now on my third German Shepherd, and he is by far the most people friendly one.

Through training His natural tendency's have been curbed, and he's now a pretty quite dog. This pick was taken earlier n the year when he was blowing his coat.

I had setup some turkey hunting decoys in the back yard, and he wasn't sure what to make of them, but kept quiet What I like about Shepherds, is there willingness to please, and obey commands.

There also very smart. This guy will ring a bell I have hung on my door when he needs to go out, and brings me his food bowl when he is hungry. I also taught him to "find the poop". When I pick up the back yard he runs up to it, and points it out. This trick was a little frustrating at first, because when I'd walk him he would want to find all the poops everywhere he went and expect a treat, (Dog Poop, Duck Poop, it did not matter, he was fixated on Poop, and would point them all out), but through selective re-enforcement, he now knows to only find them when I ask).

IMAG1459.jpg

#44 MarkKBike, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  5. #45 Posted Oct 11, 2017

Cruisin' on my Bluebird

Haha! It works!!

6. #46 Posted Oct 11, 2017

My dog when he wants out will go to the door, but he makes sure I’m watching him.
    Then he proceeds to the doorknob and with both paws will show me that he can’t turn
    the door knob.
    He always will give a low bark as “thanks” when he goes out.
    When he comes in, he will again respond the same way.
    I am going to miss him when he goes out forever.

7. #47 Posted Oct 12, 2017

Wore out three sets of tires already!

I wish this were true, but in my town neither will respond.... they just don't care. In fact, I learned they won't come out on a disturbing the peace call unless I tell them I have already confronted and asked the neighbor to quiet down... then and only then they will come, and only after two calls.

With the barking, I have called, written letters, you name it. The only thing that has worked for me is first be very nice, and let the neighbors know it's a problem and to please work on it for me... and when that doesn't work, I simply threaten to sue them. I tell them I can show damages because I work from home and lose productivity, and that I log the duration, decibel and time of each barking episode, and also mention that my tenants next door didn't renew their lease because of the barking, and I lost money there too, and can recoup damages from them. I'm also sure to tell them that win or lose, they will have to hire a lawyer to defend themselves in court, and that since my wife is an attorney, and I work for myself, I have both the time and resources to do it. It's funny, as soon as people realize it's going to cost them money, they smarten up! Like Tom Petty, I don't back down... :D

Boris and kreika like this.
  8. #48 Posted Oct 12, 2017

Wore out three sets of tires already!

When owners spend time with their dogs, and train them properly, they are the best. When they are inconsiderate of their neighbors and tie them up in the yard to bark incessantly, I lose my mind. It's NOT the dog's fault... it's the A-hole humans who just don't care if people are bothered by their dog's barking... OR who aren't even home to hear it. Why even have a dog if you don't spend time with it, take it on walks, and have fun together? Dogs are great... people can be lowlifes. Sad truth.

rustjunkie, Boris, tryder and 2 others like this.
  9. #49 Posted Oct 12, 2017

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial

Bet that dog is saying "Someone get this Godd@mn f#*@n' chain off of me!!!" There's no reason to tie up a dog. They should be free to run around and enjoy life.

10. #50 Posted Oct 12, 2017

I live for the CABE

Totally agree! I see some pretty sad stuff delivering. Puppies locked up in some cage in a dark garage for 12 hours as there owner commutes over the hill to work. I don’t wonder why they grow up neurotic! I would be to if I lived in a 3x3 in my own pee and poo. If you aren’t at home a lot you shouldn’t have a dog. I think it’s animal cruelty to keep them locked up all day by themselves!!!

Balloonatic, Boris and fordmike65 like this.
  11. #51 Posted Oct 13, 2017

One hot summer at the coast, the owner left his dog outside the parking lot.
    The windows were up with no ventilation at all.
    Someone broke the window and took the dog out who was barely alive.
    Someone else brought the dog a bowl of water.

There were comments made by the crowd...
    You p.o.s. if that poor dog survives...hell still go to you as if nothing happen!

The owner said nothing...he just kept his head down.

Cruelty to a child or animals is something I will not tolerate.
    I will do what ever it takes to you so you are aware how I feel about it.

#51 2jakes, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    WetDogGraphix and Schwinn499 like this.