When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find! Anyone know what I have here?

-
The dead giveaway is the dropouts. Also at this time Schwinn produced a couple models that had a removable seat post clamp. The chain ring could also be original to the bike although it's not a common piece for this model. Schwinn options!

View attachment 860303
Amazing! Can’t believe I overlooked this catalog in my research.

Anyone know where I can get a set of tires? Will the kenda k23 fit the hook rim? Original Goodyear’s are 26x1.375 for hook rimmed.

Update.. found some decals with the pressure washer.
63A2DFFE-44CB-4BE9-A007-6499AF652F86.jpeg
D53BF04B-1A9B-4353-8654-C60E14B47448.jpeg

Anyone know where I can get a set of tires? Will the kenda k23 fit the hook rim? Original Goodyear’s are 26x1.375 for hook rimmed.
I have a nice pair of the correct size tires for this bike. I'll be out of town all weekend but next week I can get you some pictures. They're not easy to find, figure $100 shipped

There are two 26 x 1 3/8 bicycle tires. Schwinns that fit 597 bead seat rims and everyone elses which are 590 bead seat rims. There was also a third prewar 26 x 1.375 tire the fits a 599 bead seat rim that you have and fits neither of the other tires. Those tires are not currently made and are a bit difficult to find and if you find one it will be probabvly at least 50 years old. On my prewar lightweight Schwinns most have been converted the wheels to use Schwinn S5 597 rims and Schwinn tires. Roger

Back