When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find in Fox Lake WI

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

paulgriffin

On Training Wheels
I needed help identifying these two bicycles. The red one is a Schwinn, 1950's? I know some parts are not correct (seat, reflectors) and it has been painted over, but it has some good authentic parts (sweetheart chainwheel, chain guard, Schwinn badge, fenders). The blue one is labelled a Liberty from Chicago Cycle Supply Co.. It also has a tag from Westmont Cycle & Hobby Center, Western Ave. in Chicago. Serial number M46511X35257277. Someone told me it might be from Sears or JC Penney (a Murray from Ohio?) but why does it have the Chicago Cycle Supply tag on the front. Any help is appreciated. I wanted to know if these are worth anything, before sending to Goodwill, or something.
red schwinn.JPG
red schwinn badge.JPG
blue liberty bike.JPG
Blue liberty bike badge.JPG
Thanks

The Schwinn has a great headbadge. There could be some really nice original paint under the red spray paint. The spray paint looks like it went on over a real smooth surface making me think the original paint might be intact.

Fund the serial number on the Schwinn to get a production date. If under the bottom bracket it' 1952 or earlier, on left rear dropout after 1952.

Gary

Found the serial number under the crank B87136. Search shows this:
Congrats! Your bike is an original Chicago Schwinn.
Unfortunately the serial number you entered was used twice by Schwinn meaning there are two possible dates for your bike...
Built: 04/04 to 04/30 of 1952 or...
Built: 02/21 to 02/25 of 1957.

It'
Unfortunately the serial number you entered was used twice by Schwinn meaning there are two possible dates for your bike...

It's older than the numbers in that data-base... Pre-1950. SEE POST #4 above. @REC or some other may have data on your serial number.

1946-47 model.

Back