When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find Luxury Liner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

falconer

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Was lucky to find this early Luxury Liner very recently. Serial number F251 21 Cw. Some evidence of spray paint but for sure a black fender model. Is it 47 or 48? It has two small clips on rack brace. Factory? Any help or info on this bike appreciated, Thank you

DSCF9425.JPG

DSCF9426.JPG

DSCF9427.JPG

DSCF9428.JPG

DSCF9429.JPG

Nice!

The serial number puts it at June-September of 1948.

The clips! The clips!

I've been doing a good bit of of originality research, and I haven't seen these clips up to this point - but I also hadn't been looking. They're present on the 1998 Luxury Liners, where they hold the wire that triggers the brake light. I just got the hardware and am still trying to figure out how that all works. Hopefully someone here can help answer that question.

Note: All of the following photos are from a 1998 Luxury Liner rack. There are significant differences in the design of said rack, so it's possible that the clips as executed on your bike are also different.

I would be most interested in seeing close-up photographs of your clips. I understand that my enthusiasm may be a bit excessive. So it goes.

193C1819-FED7-4655-960E-7132551CD6B2.jpeg

E80D2ADC-F17F-42A2-9D93-60DC34BB773D.jpeg
5E580FCE-56B0-40FA-A5C9-6365A8FA2974.jpeg

Nice!

The serial number puts it at June-September of 1948.

The clips! The clips!

I've been doing a good bit of of originality research, and I haven't seen these clips up to this point - but I also hadn't been looking. They're present on the 1998 Luxury Liners, where they hold the wire that triggers the brake light. I just got the hardware and am still trying to figure out how that all works. Hopefully someone here can help answer that question.

Note: All of the following photos are from a 1998 Luxury Liner rack. There are significant differences in the design of said rack, so it's possible that the clips as executed on your bike are also different.

I would be most interested in seeing close-up photographs of your clips. I understand that my enthusiasm may be a bit excessive. So it goes.

View attachment 1303953
View attachment 1303956View attachment 1303959
Hide-a-wire style! Smart idea None the Less

Back