When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Find - Mercury Pacemaker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I for one am glad to see an original paint Merc with pinched fenders & a 3 slotted chainring. That means mine is correct & I can consider painting it! Congrats on a great find. You need a set of Prewar Torrington "Halfmoon" bars. I believe orig bars are a cramped 20" wide. I swapped in a set of wider postwar 24" wide bars for a roomier ride.
full?d=1453331967.jpg

full?d=1453331967.jpg

I used my Western Flyer fender ornament so I'm down to needing grips, a drop stand, and what I would assume are the correct Torrington bars. The ones that came on here are Torringtons but I think they're not the correct ones. Does anyone know for sure? And can anyone help me with the year for this after noting all the frames noteworthy particulars?
@kreika

I for one am glad to see an original paint Merc with pinched fenders & a 3 slotted chainring. That means mine is correct & I can consider painting it! Congrats on a great find. You need a set of Prewar Torrington "Halfmoon" bars. I believe orig bars are a cramped 20" wide. I swapped in a set of wider postwar 24" wide bars for a roomier ride.

Thanks for that info, Mike. Love that ride, BTW! Make sure you keep us updated on the finished restoration.

Here’s the serial ranges.First two letters then numbers. MD 39 ME40 MF 41 MG 42 yes there are 42’s. And your fenders and everything is correct. Mercury made these bikes in two styles. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise. It’s bitchen!!! Enjoy!!!!

View attachment 738547
View attachment 738548

Hate to be a poo poo pants Mike but your frames wrong for those fenders and chainring. Check out hawksters seatpost area. Your frame takes the two cut outs on the chain ring and non pinched fenders. I may have extra parts if you have to be 100% correct. It’s sweet as is!!!

Hate to be a poo poo pants Mike but your frames wrong for those fenders and chainring. Check out hawksters seatpost area. Your frame takes the two cut outs on the chain ring and non pinched fenders. I may have extra parts if you have to be 100% correct. It’s sweet as is!!!
:weary:

I actually have a set of the standard Merc fenders just in case. I'd be interested in a chainring & crank if you have one available.

Last edited:

Can anyone post catalog pages,or pix of an original bike like Mikes to show the differences?
Pic of the correct drop stand for Hawksters bike?(I may have one)
Thanks

Back