When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find Whizzer value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustNspokes

Finally riding a big boys bike
I don't have a lot of info, so I apologize for that. I'm interested in a bike that's pretty rough but don't know a fair ballpark figure to offer. It looks like it's a prewar Shelby? bicycle I'm waiting to hear back about the serial so I don't know if it's a J or H. The motor appears to be missing the coil, coil cover, points cover, exhaust manifold, exhaust, carb and filter, clutch/ intermediate pulley, pulley/belt cover but it supposedly turns by hand. The gas tank looks OK on the outside, it's the silver tank with the decals, not embossed. I know that nice restored examples are bringing pretty good money these days, but what something like this? I was thinking about offering $400-$500, would that be resonable?
qcZkdiS.jpg

Cheaper the better; start lower maybe around $250 & know where you're comfortable considering the parts & labor etc. I wouldn't pay $500 for that but I don't have the funds it'd need to make it a running rider ....

I realize it would be an expensive restoration canidate, I'm just trying to figure out what a fair "market value" is. There aren't really any past sales to use for reference for a bike in this condition. I feel like motor, tank, and sheave would bring like $300-$350 and the bike would bring another $60 or so?

If the insides arent too messed up you could probably have a poor runner for under + parts 500- dollars offer 450

Back