When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find Whizzer value?

-

rustNspokes

Finally riding a big boys bike
I don't have a lot of info, so I apologize for that. I'm interested in a bike that's pretty rough but don't know a fair ballpark figure to offer. It looks like it's a prewar Shelby? bicycle I'm waiting to hear back about the serial so I don't know if it's a J or H. The motor appears to be missing the coil, coil cover, points cover, exhaust manifold, exhaust, carb and filter, clutch/ intermediate pulley, pulley/belt cover but it supposedly turns by hand. The gas tank looks OK on the outside, it's the silver tank with the decals, not embossed. I know that nice restored examples are bringing pretty good money these days, but what something like this? I was thinking about offering $400-$500, would that be resonable?
qcZkdiS.jpg

Cheaper the better; start lower maybe around $250 & know where you're comfortable considering the parts & labor etc. I wouldn't pay $500 for that but I don't have the funds it'd need to make it a running rider ....

I realize it would be an expensive restoration canidate, I'm just trying to figure out what a fair "market value" is. There aren't really any past sales to use for reference for a bike in this condition. I feel like motor, tank, and sheave would bring like $300-$350 and the bike would bring another $60 or so?

If the insides arent too messed up you could probably have a poor runner for under + parts 500- dollars offer 450

Back