When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn find! Women's bike what is it?

-

James nash

Finally riding a big boys bike
So a guy I know did some work on a farm and was payed with a couple bikes. I gave him $20 for this one. Anyone know exactly what it is? I'm guessing mid 60s huffy or along thoughs lines. I thought the double bar looked kinda cool. Anyway no head badge so I'm not exactly sure what it is. Any ideas? Thanks. Serial # is located on lower left rear dropout and is M05 65x98 371851

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 58
This is a Murray built bike from the late 1950s-early 1970s. You can decode the year, where it was sold and under what name, sometimes even the model and options with the serial number. There is a Murray serial number chart here on the CABE, go and do a search for it. It will help you out a ton. For a rideable bike in this shape I think you got a fair deal. You won't make a lot of money with it, but its a nice rider.

Thanks for the info! Yeah I know these type of bikes are not worth anything, but for $20. It's worth just the knowledge of finding out info on different bikes.

Back