When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Fresh 1937 Elgin Blue Bird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes it is missing fender ornament, tires, and weights on end of pedals, and the mouse light was an option back then missing cover. and the chain guard was an option to I believe. if any one has the missing parts please let me know.

I have never seen one before, its quite unusual and unique in how they designed its over all form. I like the integral speedometer on the tank and the flaired fenders.

Good luck trying to get some sleep tonight. All you will be thinking about is 37 Elgin Bluebird over and over and over. Talk about anxiety overload!

Awesome it just goes to show you never know what your going to find with any given lead...If it were me I'd clean it, grease it, add tires/tubes, ride it and find the missing parts when you can. I wouldn't restore it! BUT I know it's personal preference. Please keep us posted with updated pics.

Think of all those years that this bike and other old "junk" sit day after day, year after year waiting to be found. Glad to hear it made it to a proper home where it will be appreciated. A nice hand polish and wax would make it look splendid. Great job and Great find!

Good luck trying to get some sleep tonight. All you will be thinking about is 37 Elgin Bluebird over and over and over.

If I'd have found it, it would be sleeping in bed with me for a night or two. Not sure how I'd explain that to my wife though.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just an incredible find. I am glad that there are some still out there to be found. That is my dream bike !

Back