When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Fresh 1937 Elgin Blue Bird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So, is your private message box smoking from overload with offers of cash, everything in the collection and the first born kid?

If you should ever decide to sell it, Go for a public auction and give everybody a chance at it.

I know, but somebody had to make an offer. It's just way too awesome not to say,
" Hey! neat bike, do ya want to sell it?"

I figured I would have at least a couple of people offering money for it. but I haven't I figured for most people this is a dream bike that they will never sell and That is why no one has asked.
Blue Bird NOT FOR SALE. still cant believe I have it trying to talk the wife into letting me bring it into the house tried to tell her this more then a bike it is ART.

What??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not even in the house???????????

I'd be checking the locks on the garage door fifty times before I went to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first started dating my wife, I had a bike mounted on the wall of my apartment, and she looked at it like it was a Jackson Pollack. I just said to her that if I had to explain it, she would never understand. That moment was almost a deal breaker. Well we got married and moved into a house, and it took a long time to get her to come around on having a bike on display in the house. The way I did it was a Tan and Brown two tone 1940 Schwinn Autocycle Special. It matched the Mocha Brown paint in the room that it was to be displayed in, so she went for it. You just need to paint one of your rooms Robins Egg Blue and I bet she will go for it.

Unbelievable. Very ecstatic to hear there's still hope for the big dream of the perfect find in todays world. Beautiful!!! Happy for you.

Unbelievable. Very ecstatic to hear there's still hope for the big dream of the perfect find in todays world. Beautiful!!! Happy for you.

Definitely keep the patina. It has a great story to tell just the way it is. Of coarse put some tires on it, grease it up and give it spin! Enjoy it!

The great debate...to restore or not. I am with you guys as far them being original only once for sure and I try to live by that rule but, in this case, just by looking at the pictures, this one seems to be borderline to me. The paint is really thin and allot of it is missing and the chrome is pretty much shot. In my mind, a restoration would preserve this bike for many more years which, in my mind, is the right thing to do. Who knows, it may clean up nice. I have taken some bikes that looked pretty bad and with some elbow grease, they turned out nice. Whatever the owner decides to do, it is a great find and i would love to have it in my collection : )

Back