When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Fresh 26X

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Ohhhh it doesn't feel like I'm wasting any time! I've enjoyed playing with it - unfortunately as Shawn mentioned that darn seatpost is still holding on but oil oil oil
If all else fails, before you give up on it. Find an impact socket that fits semi-snug down over the post, weld it to the seat post, not completely but just enough that the welds wont break. Hook up an air impact to the socket and go to town. Once it comes out, cut your welds, clean up the metal on the seat post and bam!
Never failed for me and Ive done it on broken stems too.

Best part is, alot of the time, the heat from welding to the post will often-times help release the post.

If all else fails, before you give up on it. Find an impact socket that fits semi-snug down over the post, weld it to the seat post, not completely but just enough that the welds wont break. Hook up an air impact to the socket and go to town. Once it comes out, cut your welds, clean up the metal on the seat post and bam!
Never failed for me and Ive done it on broken stems too.

Best part is, alot of the time, the heat from welding to the post will often-times help release the post.
Used this method many times but this a whole different animal, it's a quiled seat post with a bolt & a wedge so you can't just impact/twist it without getting the wedge disengaged especially with steel vs. aluminum. my Monark Speedster ( 26X's cheaper brother ) with a stuck post, tried everything including weld/impact and the whole frame started to flex, gave up before wrecking the frame, just drilled a hole thru the post and slid a 2nd post over it with a bolt thru both, works fine and maybe I'll get back to trying again someday.

Using one of these old school BMX stems on stuck seat post was one of my best discoveries.. Obviously your situation is a little different..but
Id recommend an ACS one like this..best quality for cheapest price IMO.. Jeff
HA! Edit....I went on ebay to borrow a picture of one..GOOD LORD..Those are now stupid money as well..Im sure you can find something similar/cheaper,but you get the idea..
1660042761186.png

Back