When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Fresh Dayton Big Tank - All Cleaned Up and Riding Once Again!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nick ... that machine is LOADED with character.

Am applauding your very slow 'n' gently-orchestrated preservation.

Wonderful !!!

........ patric

=================================================
=================================================

Bike cleanup

Looks great Nick and Darci..Are you going to enter it in the Minn. show? I will leave my new original Motor bike at home. Steve Doan

Looks great Nick and Darci..Are you going to enter it in the Minn. show? I will leave my new original Motor bike at home. Steve Doan

You're talking about Penn Cycle? Steve, I could not bribe, threaten or cajole him into leaving it home. Bring your Motorbike anyway, want to see it!

Darcie

Last edited:
bike

Nice looking bike. I have to Disagree with Blackwall tires. I Really like the Whitewall tires. I think it adds more upper class to the bike. My first thought when I looked at the bike was . Wow those whitewall tires look good on that bike. Just my opinion.
Hey .what does "Paint got many treatments" mean. what did you do to the paint. I have seen guys take wd-40 and spray it all over the rust and paint. I have also seen guys rub oil all over the rust and call it done. What did you do?

I like this bike.
Thanks for Posting.

Nice looking bike. I have to Disagree with Blackwall tires. I Really like the Whitewall tires. I think it adds more upper class to the bike. My first thought when I looked at the bike was . Wow those whitewall tires look good on that bike. Just my opinion.
Hey .what does "Paint got many treatments" mean. what did you do to the paint. I have seen guys take wd-40 and spray it all over the rust and paint. I have also seen guys rub oil all over the rust and call it done. What did you do?

I like this bike.
Thanks for Posting.

Nick originally was going to put blackwalls on, but I talked him into the whitewalls- the bike's colors are so dark it needed some pop to contrast against. IMO black walls would have added to a somewhat drab look.

As far as the treatments on the paint, we started very slow with just a mild soap and water, then a cleaner wax, then using a "Mr. Clean" scrubber, then an oil based orange cleaner, then a coat of WD-40 that we wiped off right away. Obviously you have to watch the pinstripes very closely to make sure they are not coming off. We have used up to rubbing compound on some bikes but did not feel it would be good on this one.

:)
Darcie

Back