When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn Schwinns

-
Rob, you are right on how handlebar stem works. Trick is to go ahead and attach two angle parts together and screw in the long bolt to the point the two are just touching and it is a little difficult to push it into the head tube. Doing this it will not just spin unless something is stripped, it will tighten up. Not sure on the small bolt but do not believe that it held the fender on but I could be wrong, it looks too large.

Rob, you are right on how handlebar stem works. Trick is to go ahead and attach two angle parts together and screw in the long bolt to the point the two are just touching and it is a little difficult to push it into the head tube. Doing this it will not just spin unless something is stripped, it will tighten up. Not sure on the small bolt but do not believe that it held the fender on but I could be wrong, it looks too large.

Gary - so I was right! Fantastic, will try your trick of tightening right up until it can barely it in the tube. Great idea.

I agree, the small bolt does seem too big for the fender - I probably just need to go back through my pics and I'll find what it went to.

Thanks!!!

Threaded hole in botton of head tube is to attach front fender. Smaller bolt looks right size for seat tube where you tighten your seat post.

Last edited:
Just curious, what ever happened to the gopher, from Grampa's Shed. (Grand Nephew wants to know!!) LOL

Back