When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn stored pursuit plane

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is indeed a Murray pursuit pedal plane from the mid-1940s. As you pedal the plane the propeller turns via a belt between two pulleys. American National also made pedal planes back in the teens to 1920s. Nice thing about collecting older pedal cars, planes, and boats is the availability of reproduction parts for many of the models.

Years ago I met a gentleman who ran a country store not far north of Richmond, VA along US301. His store also housed his collection of vintage pedal toys he had obtained over the years. One item he had was one of these planes that was missing a few parts. He really didn't know that much about what he had. At a later date I stopped in there one day while traveling to Richmond and gave him a parts list brochure from one of the suppliers of repop parts. He couldn't believe parts were available to fix it up and gave me a free Coke for going out of my way to give him the brochure. He won't swap or sell any of his treasures, however. He had a Murray Dump-Trac trailer I was looking for to go with my 1958 Murray pedal tractor. I offered to trade him something of equal value, but he wanted to hang onto the items he's found over the years. I eventually won a nice Dump-Trac on ebay just like the one in his store.

Dave

Last edited:
Awesome!!

What an awesome find.... you are very lucky to find something of this nature... Good for you !!

Last edited:
Nice find . Here is a pic of one redone.)RESTORED ORIGINAL 1940‘S “SILVER PURSUIT” AIRPLANE: BLUE & SILVER. HAS A “8-BALL LUCKY LADY” ON THE FRONT. UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME PIECE!

plane.JPG

Killer! I believe those were a one year model, 1941. I just missed one on craigs list a couple weeks ago. Really rare piece.

We here in Canada have our own TV show called Canadian Pickers, exactly like Frank and Mike from American Pickers, driving across the country finding goodies in barns, garages etc. Watching last night I couldn't believe their stupidity....the fellow whose house and garage they were in was giving them excellent deals, cheap prices and everything was for sale.They walked right past this exact pedal plane, the camera panned over it and I would not have known what it was except for this thread. Right near where the plane was they found a pair of beaver felt mitts and made a deal on that. Unbelievable..........

WOW....Way Cool!

That is probably the coolest pedal vehicle that I have ever seen...Great score..............Wayne

Back