When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barnes #1901?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sailorbenjamin

Finally riding a big boys bike
I picked up a couple of bikes yesterday this one says it's a Barnes model 1901 but I don't think that's the year. Any one have any ideas?
The League of american Wheelmen says that this company made bikes from 1895 to 1898 but the wheels have a 1910 patent stamp on them.
Here's some more clues, 1 piece cranks with a cast iron chainring, New Departure coaster brake and a really old bike lock.
IMG_4307-1.jpg

barn4-1.jpg

barn2-1.jpg

IMG_4326-1.jpg

IMG_4325-1.jpg

IMG_4310-1.jpg

IMG_4314-1.jpg

IMG_4315-1.jpg

IMG_4311-1.jpg

IMG_4316-1.jpg

Cool, thanks! So how can you tell? When did they start making 1 piece cranks? and is that a New Departure Model A? When did they stop making those?

Well my wife is now the proud owner of this Barnes. I'm looking for more info on the company and any ads of their bikes. Also looking for a chain gaurd that would fit this bike of the proper time period. THnaks

I stand corrected Andrew, thanks very much! What I was going by is my 1928 Ranger, there was no chainguard when it was purchased new. I assumed chain guards came after 1928!

it looks like the seat and pedals have been updated ,, barnes is a fine machine ,, wife should be proud to own ,a bike that is built like an exotic car!!!

Back