When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Basket Case Raleigh SUPERBE...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
OK, here she (he) is...cleaned up as well as it's going to be...with some parts changed out.

I needed to replace the rear wheel as the original was to stiff, and I wasn't going to attempt to take it apart. Instead, I had a 1973 sports donor bike purchased a while ago for another Sports I needed a couple of parts for.
So, on from that bike went the rear wheel...rear fender (original was missing a brace)...some clips...dried out original but matching tires...and Brooks saddle. I'm still missing a grip, but I think I have one stashed away that I still need to look for to complete it.

I knew the chain needed to be replaced, so after taking these photos I rode the bike down the block and "snap" went the chain. Another piece to get to replacing...maybe from that donor bike

Still glad I saved it from possibly going to the dump (and yes, the headlight works!!), so this will be an around town bike for a while. $20 well spent on a fun project.

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

-----

Wonderful work, thank you for posting! :yum:

When you write "...rear wheel too tight..." are you referring to seized spoke nipples or something to do with the SA hub?

-----

Back