When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Basket Case Raleigh SUPERBE...

-
OK, here she (he) is...cleaned up as well as it's going to be...with some parts changed out.

I needed to replace the rear wheel as the original was to stiff, and I wasn't going to attempt to take it apart. Instead, I had a 1973 sports donor bike purchased a while ago for another Sports I needed a couple of parts for.
So, on from that bike went the rear wheel...rear fender (original was missing a brace)...some clips...dried out original but matching tires...and Brooks saddle. I'm still missing a grip, but I think I have one stashed away that I still need to look for to complete it.

I knew the chain needed to be replaced, so after taking these photos I rode the bike down the block and "snap" went the chain. Another piece to get to replacing...maybe from that donor bike

Still glad I saved it from possibly going to the dump (and yes, the headlight works!!), so this will be an around town bike for a while. $20 well spent on a fun project.

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

IMG_4237.jpg

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

IMG_4245.jpg

IMG_4246.jpg

-----

Wonderful work, thank you for posting! :yum:

When you write "...rear wheel too tight..." are you referring to seized spoke nipples or something to do with the SA hub?

-----

Back