When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Basso Ascot

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marius.suiram

I live for the CABE
It is a early 90's frame, which o bought it today.
Columbus MS tubing . Never built .
I was interested what group should I use to.build it.

20190302_175903.jpg

20190302_175933.jpg

20190302_175946.jpg

20190302_180017.jpg

20190302_180031.jpg

It is a early 90's frame, which o bought it today.
Columbus MS tubing . Never built .
I was interested what group should I use to.build it.

View attachment 957601

View attachment 957602

View attachment 957603

View attachment 957604

View attachment 957605
Basso cycles from this period are usually kitted out with high quality components.
You'll be searching for Campagnolo or Shimano 'Dura Ace' stuff.
Nice frame, interesting concept with all those different tubing sizes. Beautiful construction.
Love to see it when you've built it.
@juvela
@bulldog1935
@petritl

I'm going to add here Campy tried their damnedest not to copy SunTour after the patent expired - CdA was one of the attempts to duplicate the SunTour result with a more complicated RD mechanism (Shimano introduced their SunTour copies 2 years before the patent expired). Campy finally threw up their hands in 88 and built their SunTour Copy across the board with the introduction of Chorus.
Ask Tad, Lou, anyone who's given up on older Shimano, Campy, Simplex, and replaced with SunTour...or Chorus.
6jvLJWY.jpg

I'm going to add here Campy tried their damnedest not to copy SunTour after the patent expired - CdA was one of the attempts to duplicate the SunTour result with a more complicated RD mechanism (Shimano introduced their SunTour copies 2 years before the patent expired). Campy finally threw up their hands in 88 and built their SunTour Copy across the board with the introduction of Chorus.
Ask Tad, Lou, anyone who's given up on older Shimano, Campy, Simplex, and replaced with SunTour...or Chorus.
View attachment 959741
Experience breeds knowledge!

Back