When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bat Wing Headlight = J. C. Higgins

-

mickeyc

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Any possibility that one of these head lights is worth $400 ? Did all Regal Deluxe bikes come with one? Tried looking Sears catalog up, couldn't find anything definitive. I just bought a '51 Regal Deluxe (should be here today) and it's missing any kind of head light.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

$400...pricey.
$250-300, should be what you would hope for.
As far as I know, the Regal Deluxe did have a batwing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Any possibility that one of these head lights is worth $400 ? Did all Regal Deluxe bikes come with one? Tried looking Sears catalog up, couldn't find anything definitive. I just bought a '51 Regal Deluxe (should be here today) and it's missing any kind of head light.

Any help appreciated.

Mike
Seller probably has it for sale somewhere for $400. Seller thoughts: "Oh, the guy who just bought my bike wouldnt want this weird looking bike light! I'll just remove it for him"

I saw one in really good shape at AA, it was $250. Left it there, things are so ugly I couldn't imagine mounting to a bike.

I saw that one there too. It had a handle bar mount that was only half there, it was a horn light combination and the battery compartment was roached. He said I could have it for $215....I passed but someone bought it.

Mike

Ugly, yes. But high in demand and correct for so may Higgins bikes. Rare because when these bikes tip over, the headlight breaks (plastic and metal combo) and is tossed by the owner. What I don't understand is the lack of any current repops. Someone made these some time ago, then stopped making them just as fast. This would be a golden opportunity for anyone with the means to do so to start production again. Even trashed originals sell for a lot of money. Gotta be careful when buying these, there are MANY variations. Fender, handlebar, or truss mounted. And, dual headlight or headlight/horn combo. Have to know which is correct for your bike.

most of the ones I have seen have gone for 3 to 4 hundred.i have bought two in that price range but were in perfect condition!!and evans200 is right there are 3 different variations I think you can swap the brackets for the handle bar mount and the truss rod mount but the fender mount is all by itself,has a indent on the bottom where the fender bracket sits into.

If I ever get one of these Batwing lights the first thing I'm doing is making a re-pop copy of it. The only thing holding me up is trying to find one, and at a decent price. I'm almost tempted to buy one for $400. But every time I think its that time something else comes along.

If I ever get one of these Batwing lights the first thing I'm doing is making a re-pop copy of it. The only thing holding me up is trying to find one, and at a decent price. I'm almost tempted to buy one for $400. But every time I think its that time something else comes along.
Here's your chance, not that $425 is any kind of deal, but you can always make an offer. And this style (fender mounted dual light) is the one most guys want. SO, if you do some re-pops, add me to the list of buyers!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-C-HIGGINS...142184?hash=item1c6648f728:g:YrkAAOSwRH5XKAh6

A cool light for anyone born in the 1950's-60's. Batman, spaceship/late art deco, anyone thinks they are ugly, I'll agree to disagree, but c'mon what a WILD thing to have on your fender? I've owned several originals and think they are swell. I'd buy another original fender mount if it was minty for a high asking dollar, just to display with my other 25+ cool lights.

P1010115.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

Back