When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Batwing with Fender Mount

-

morton

I live for the CABE
Batwing horn/light with fender mount base.

Have decided to sell my Batwing…. The light/horn is far from perfect…see photos. Battery holder had battery corrosion I treated with that stuff that turns rust black, but it still holds batteries nice and tight.

Both horn (very loud) and light work, but as with old things of this nature, no guarantee that they will when you get it. At least I can show the light lit but can’t post the horn sound.

I’ve done my best to describe accurately, but this item is being sold as is. See my post on: http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/it...king-tell-the-truth.101400/page-5#post-669734

Appears that someone drilled out all the rivets and did some wire replacement. I would remove the guts, do a thorough cleaning and reattach with appropriate fasteners and solder wire connections. Metal bottom also appears to have been painted.

The light lens has a small depression that I am loath to try to push out for fear of damaging it further. It may just need to be popped out or perhaps judicious application of heat, but I don’t know enough and wouldn’t want to ruin it.

There is some warpage of the plastic top cover on the back sides and bottom front, but cover attaches firmly and warpage is all but unnoticeable when installed on fender. I have included photos to give you a good idea as possible.

Overall I would rate this as working rider quality of a desirable/scarce horn/light.

$285 shipped/insured/with tracking conus. Sorry, no pay pal, U.S. Post Office money order only.

NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE
Please do not post “I’ll take it” on this thread. I will mark the item sale pending or sold when PM received as per above. If there are multiple responses, I will respond to the first PM listing address/phone number. “I’ll take it” is not enough. I want to be able to call you as typing is difficult for me (due to Parkinson’s and I can much better communicate by phone (NOT text). This is the most costly item I have tried to sell on CABE and I want the transaction to go well.

1.JPG
2b.JPG
2c.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG

Rivets were likely drilled out because it likely had a handlebar bracket. At any rate looks like a decent price to me as they are hard to come by.
Good luck with the sale!

Another bump......or, does anyone have handle bar mount hardware in case it does't sell and I decide to use it on one of my bikes?.

I just took off a handlebar bracket but it does not seem to be complete - the main base part that was riveted to the light with 4 rivets.

Back