When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Be your own man!

-

cyclingday

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Ahh!
The good old days, when the American worker had a defined benefit program to look forward to in their golden years.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love, all of the man of leisure imagery.
Fly fishing, lounging in the hammock, a few rounds of golf.
Ahh! Get back to work you old sod!
We've got bikes to fix! Lol!

Reading "No Hands" was a real eye-opener for me. Some of these Schwinn dealers did very well for themselves during the post-war American bike booms. The perks offered for top sales were nothing to laugh at, and the big fish with multiple shops really hauled in some dough. It would seem tough to do that today unless you own your building, which of course isn't as easy as it was in the 50s-70s either....

I looked up one of the investment firms, and they merged with BofA and are still going strong.
Are there any retired Schwinn employees out there that can attest to the validity of this plan?
image.jpeg

Today a lot of people in the work force don't even have a $1,000 in savings nor any type of retirement. You can't even find that many jobs that have a 40 hour week.
Those were definately the good old days.
Thanks for sharing.

Back