When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beach cruiser bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Speedy76

On Training Wheels
My girlfriend is looking for a "Beach Cruiser" type bike. She wants me to buy her a WalMart special probably made in China----:p Any ideas of a vintage Schwinn beach cruiser type that would compliment my 1967 Schwinn Typhoon.

S2.jpg

If She has not been riding , in a while , She probably wants it to be EASY to handle AND pedal . Maybe that's her interpretation of the "Wal Mart Bike " . A Classic Middleweight might not be a bad choice ( A Schwinn maybe ) although there are many other brands . A "Balloon" Tire bike may be too much for her. AND It should be a girl's bike ................Women are just , well , set up different than we are . There's such a great variety out there . This is what my girl rides. Sorry for the Crappy picture. It's a 1957 Schwinn Hornet 26" Bike . Purchased as is for $75.00 at a local shop. It's a middleweight ..............and Cool as Chit !!! Second picture shows her "New" Seat . Have Fun with your search ! :D

IMG_20181208_150737179.jpg

IMG_20181223_172907548.jpg

Last edited:
They're being really nice and not pointing you to the For Sale section...we're like Arby's, we have the 'meats'.

Go look at stuff and ask us questions. That's what we're for. And welcome to another member from the Pacific Northwest!

Middle Earth is 50 miles down the freeway from Boise in Malheur County, Oregon.

My girlfriend is looking for a "Beach Cruiser" type bike. She wants me to buy her a WalMart special probably made in China----:p Any ideas of a vintage Schwinn beach cruiser type that would compliment my 1967 Schwinn Typhoon.

View attachment 996521

Nothing says West Coast 60's beach cruiser more than a 60's Schwinn Hollywood to compliment your Typhoon. Especially for only a buck an half, just add in 3,000+ miles to you or?
Schwinn must have built a billion of em, prob plenty in your local C/L.

P5020180.JPG

Last edited:
A Schwinn Hollywood is an excellent choice IMO. They are well made and ride nice and it would compliment your nice red Typhoon! There are variants to the Hollywood that use the same frame. American, Catalina, Debutant to name a few, but the Hollywoods are common, usually reasonably priced and are easy riders. The balloners are very cool too, and if its been serviced and has good tires on it aren't bad to ride.
The above suggestions are all good ones, just find one that she will ride.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I was thinking if she agrees and I get one, I should put a 2 speed kick back rear hub in it?? Thoughts???

Sometimes one might find a late 1990’s to early 2000’s G.T. Dyno beach cruiser from Taiwan. They have a beach cruiser look to them. I would rather recommend a Shimano 3-speed internal gear rear hub/ wheel, and maybe add a caliper brake.

Reactions: hm.
Sometimes one might find a late 1990’s to early 2000’s G.T. Dyno beach cruiser from Taiwan. They have a beach cruiser look to them. I would rather recommend a Shimano 3-speed internal gear rear hub/ wheel, and maybe add a caliper brake.

I agree with this 100%. In my opinion, there is nothing more frustrating when gears change when you don't want them to and never knowing what gear you're in after doing some light braking or getting on the bike. Those are almost as user friendly as a Semi truck driving down New York City streets. Bendix 2-speed manual or a modern geared hub.

Last edited:
Back